Thursday, April 05, 2007

An extended vacation for my phone :(




My phone recently decided that it needed to relieve some stress and take a vacation. It was tired of working all the time, day and night. It conveniently forgot to tell me (it's owner) where it was going. Do you think that was on purpose? Maybe it knew that I would just come searching and snatch it away from some sunny beach where it was working on it's reception capabilities.

I was lost without my dear friend. I couldn't even call Joel to tell him about my phone's vacation! It was a sad, sad day.

When my phone had soaked up enough radiation rays, it decided that it missed me and wanted to come back. And so it slipped back into my room and hid under some pillows on the floor. I was extremely distraught over the absence of my beloved phone and was overjoyed to find it's familiar, silvery form lying hidden beneath a pillow.

My phone and I have since talked it over and we are happy to be reunited. We are looking forward to your phone calls!

9 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

haha. :D

Kristin said...

What a lovely story :D Glad it ended happily.

barry said...

My cell phone left me too. I guess it no longer felt fufilled nestled next to my right ear so many times a day. Our relationship must have been getting rather strained, but I was too stressed to notice. We're still separated, but I'm starting to think it was all for the best. Life is much simpler without a cell phone.
Now when I need to talk to a friend, I seize the first opportunity to speak with them in person. My cell-phone had selfishly reserved 90% of my face to face conversation for itself.

Or would it be ear to ear?

Christy Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy Joy said...

yes, i can definitely relate to that opinion barry. it was a new feeling to realize that even if someone wanted to, they wouldn't be able to get a hold of me unless they saw me in person. i think that i am going to try and become less dependent on my cell phone.

however, i am not going to complain about how nice it was to have it when we were taking Joel to the ER. it was extremely useful for talking to our worried parents :)

Alex said...

It sounds as though the cell phone is one of those things that once you start using you can't imagine life without one... I am determined not to get sucked in.

Christy Joy said...

ah, but you must admit it's advantages as well as the disadvantages. but good for you in sticking to your machetes (I was going to say guns but i thought machetes might be more appropriate in your case.) :)

Paul said...

I've been wondering why Barry never returns my calls...

Christy Joy said...

haha, yes, that would explain things.

Post a Comment