Tuesday, January 09, 2007

In anticipation of the many hours of studying this indicates...

On the first day of second semester I woke up at 3:30 am to get ready for work at 4:oo am. After I got off work at 8, I ran over to the bookstore to spend mountain-loads of money on a mountain-load of books. When I arrived (it doesn't open until until 8:30) there was already a line outside the store reaching far down the sidewalk! I was quite exasperated and made my way to the end of the discouragingly long line. Thankful that I hadn't arrived any later and waiting for the doors to open, I alternated between looking at my watch and watching more people get in line behind me. Finally the store opened, and so I joined the throng of people inside the store. Well, to make a long story short, when I finally reached the head of the line, I looked on with dismay as the nice lady loaded arm full after arm full of my books on the table. How was I ever going to carry this AND a duffel bag of nursing supplies that I was required to buy back to the dorm in time to get to my 9:00 class? A look at my watch showed that it was nearing 8:50. Frantically calling my brother's, Caitlin's, and Kristin's cell phones. I started to become slightly frantic (in my mind only) when I realized that they were all in class. Thankfully a friend was just leaving who had a car and so I piled all my books in the back of her car. It's now approaching 9:55 and here is Christy racing up the dorm staircase. I had to go back to my room to print out a paper that was due for my nursing class right after my Life and Teachings class at 9:00. At approximately 9:03 I walked breathlessly into my first class. They had already started and I'm sure the professor just thought I had gotten lost or something. I must have looked slightly frazzled. Anyway, the whole point of this blog is to post pictures of my monstrous pile of books.


I would like to thank both of my dear suitemates, Kristin and Christen for helping me with this lovely photo shoot. The legs that you see next to the books in the picture above are Christen's and this is Kristin smiling beautifully for her silly friend Christy.











5 comments:

Joel said...

Yeah, that's quite a load of books there! Too bad it's not a pile of books to read for fun. Now that would be exciting:)

Kristin said...

That is quite the mountain of books. Just think, you'll be getting very well acquainted with most of them for the next 2 years :) Isn't that a cheerful thought?
This was a rather humorous blog, mostly the part about looking "slightly frazzled" waltzing (or rather running) into Life and Teachings.
Meanwhile, I'm not terribly thrilled with your selection of the picture that you posted of me... It wasn't exactly one of my most photogenic moments. :)

Christy Joy said...

Joel:The top 5 books you would enjoy reading for fun. They're my history books. I'll let you read them when I'm done with them :)

Kristin: Why ever don't you like that picture? I think it's very cute. You're always photogenic, despite your protests on the matter.

Michael Brannaka said...

I remember those lines at the campus shop! I'm glad I don't have that many books. I'll bet they charged you an arm and a leg for those.

Christy Joy said...

You bet they did. But then, I have been known to spend an inordinate amount of $ on books before. Though, I believe that was the most I've spent on reading material to-date.

Post a Comment