Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Thou art substance

If you were to look at my journal, you might be confused. Because on one side of the page, the writing is normal, but on the other, the writing is upside down. That's because I only write on one side until I reach the end of the book, and then I turn it upside down and write on the other page all the way back until I reach the front of the book. Here, let me show you:

Cam


The reason I do this is because:
1. It's easier for my hand to write on the right side of the page all the time.
2. As I make my way back through the journal, I reread what I wrote on the other side of the page. I like being reminded of what God has taught me in the past.

Today, I read what I had written on the other side of the page on June 6:

O God, the eternal All
Help me to know all things are shadows, but Thou art substance
All things are quicksand, but Thou art mountain
All things are shifting, but Thou art anchor
All things are ignorance, but Thou art wisdom
-A Puritan Prayer

1 comment:

Barry Howe said...

an exceedingly profound poem. It has sparked many thoughts

Post a Comment