Thursday, July 08, 2010

Wedding: Barry and Christy (part 1)



June 6, 2010.  Our wedding day.  God smiled.  And if the rain was any indication, I'm guessing He also shed a few tears of joy :)

Yes, it rained.  No, it POURED!  So we moved inside -- to Ted Crooker's beautiful 3 story barn that looks more like a church then a barn.  Everything was a crazy rush as we switched gears from our outdoor sunlit ocean-side wedding to an indoor antique-feeling barn wedding but friends and family all pulled together to pull it off.

I'm still processing the event.  My mind is still spinning over the words "I do".  But I'm married; we're married.  God has led, is leading, and will continue to lead.


We went on a walk in the rain before the wedding :)



We took some pictures outside before the wedding.  What you can't see is the rain that began to pour at about this time :)  









Running for shelter :D  Our bridal party was awesome!

Our groomsmen sang one of our favorite hymns, "Come, My Way"


Walking out


Immediately after we walked out.  It had stopped raining by this point :)

The bouquet that Shaila made me :)  That morning my bridesmaids had gone out flower picking in the pouring rain!  Barry and I (along with Marissa, a hard-core bridesmaid!) also picked a bucket full of iris's from a bog along the way from the Howe's home to the Crooker barn.

A large, amazing crew helped to clear and decorate the barn using wild Lupines and ferns.




We served fresh cherries, apricots, peaches, plums, blackberries, and grapes in baskets made by the Howe family :)

 Just some pictures :)



By the way, my mom made my dress :)

The brothers :)


 We had GREAT music!  We don't have many pics of the musicians but we had quite a few cellos as well :) :)








All pictures taken by Leigh Kelly, a Howe family friend and owner of Image Catcher Photography.  Edited by me :)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the picture of you and your mom :) You guys are really cute. The other pictures are wonderful as well :) Love you and miss you.

Marty said...

Great pictures Christy! I enjoyed seeing it in person even better though :-)

Unknown said...

Stunning Cjh! Fills my heart! How I wish I could see you before you head to Cali! Alas!

Caitlin said...

It's a heartful of joy to see these beautiful memories! My mom wanted to see pictures - but I didn't take very many - so thanks for posting :)

stevenjared0853 said...

Lovely pictures! I was just looking for some nice Seattle Wedding venues online. My sister is getting married this year and I want her wedding day to be the best one. I have to share this post with her so that she agrees to prewedding photoshoot. It is a gorgeous thing now.

Post a Comment