Saturday, May 05, 2007

Mystery Toes...

9:10 pm--These are my feet. Why are they bandaged? That's a good question. The current hypothesis is that when I was sleeping in my sleeping-bag on Thursday night (my sheets and blankets were all packed) a spider decided to feast on my toes. Hence, several of my toes are covered in bites. But what's really weird is that I didn't realize that they were there all at once. First I noticed something weird on my left big toe, then on my right big toe, then on my left little toe, and then on my right next-to-little toe. And they just keep appearing! I have counted 4 bites on my right big toe, and 5 on my left. Thankfully, they're not extremely itchy. However, they hurt pretty bad and it makes walking quite difficult. All I can do is hobble around on my heels. I missed out on a beautiful walk with my family because of my swollen toes. If anyone has any ideas on what can be done, let me know :) The picture shows my feet bandaged in a charcoal paste. I'm not sure if it's helping but at least it makes me feel like something is being done. Any ideas?

10:06 pm--New Hypothesis: Chiggers! My dad has had chiggers before and had an abnormally bad reaction to them similar to the reaction I'm having. I could have gotten chiggers when changing into flip flops after vertical caving on Thursday. Except for the main symptom of a chigger bite is extreme itchiness. For me, the pain overrides any itchiness that may be present. They hurt a lot worse now. I wish you guys were here to make me laugh and forget about the pain. You can just write me funny comments :)

7:24 pm--Newer Hypothesesis: We Don't Know! It's spreading! (it's now on 5 toes). I don't want to go to the DR!

9 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

Don't let those spiders get away with that ...bite them back!!
:P
No, i don't have any actually good ideas, but i hope your toes recover their usual health soon!

Chuck said...

chiggers sounds similar to chuckers. Hope you get better Christy Whicky

Christy Joy said...

haha, interesting point you made Chuck about Chiggers sounding similar to chuckers. And let's notice WHO made the connection. :)

Kristin said...

Christy Joy... That's no fun :( I wish I had something funny to tell you to make you laugh. Hmm... Ooooh! I should tell you about the Magic Tree! Well, I suppose it's not funny really... and I'm going to write a blog about it, so... nm.
I'm sorry I don't have anything funny to write to make you laugh :( Oh! I do... but, I can't write it on here because it's slightly embarrassing (not to me), so I'll just email you about it.
Ok, well... this was a long and pointless comment in which I've rambled far too much. I hope your toes return to normal size quickly and that they stop hurting you.
Oh yeah. Christy Whicky?? :P What a fun new nickname. I think perhaps we'll have to make use of it ;)

Thomson said...

did you go running through the biology trail and play with poison ivy?

Christy Joy said...

hmm, the biology trails... nope, don't think i've encountered any poison ivy lately.

but my toes are getting better so that's good! and i didn't have to go to the DR! yay!!! I guess it will always be a mystery as to what infected my feet. They're still red and painful but the swelling has gone down significantly. I can't wait until there all better because I want to go outside and play Frisbee!

Brian said...

It sounds like your feet's Fiery Fiends are afraid of being found out! I hope that they stay forever in awe and respect of the great Christy Whicky and never more threaten her professional frisbee career!

Jon VO said...

maybe that's the delayed reaction of your feet to your continual picking off of their epidermal covering..

Christy Joy said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha! lol, sorry, that was pretty funny Jon. :)

Post a Comment