Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Vertical Worming... ;)

Cemetary Pit:




Cagles:





Kristin says this picture below needs an explanations. So here it is :)
This picture is really cool because Kristin is right below me. That might not seem like much but it's REALLY hard to climb up a rope with someone below you. The added weight makes for lots of extra work. Usually it's not done, but it's good to know how in case you're in a big hurry or there's an emergency. Yay for Kristin who is braving my muddy caving boots to take a picture!




8 comments:

Kristin said...

Hurrah for caving pictures! Maybe one day soon I'll get my computer hooked up so I'll have access to my pictures for posting.
Oh, and I think that some of these need an explanation... like the one of you on the rope looking down at me :)

Kelsey said...

Wow Christy! Looks like a blast! Was there a waterfall there too? Did you see any fish?

Christy Joy said...

In Cemetary pit there is a waterfall farther back in that we didn't see. And in Cagles there is some pretty drippy places but no real waterfalls :)

Last thursday we went to Pryor Springs which has lots of waterfalls. We followed the water the whole way through and repelled down several waterfalls. What's really cool is that there is a type of Sun fish that is found only in Pryor springs. I think Joel saw one.

Jonathan Gerrans said...

wow, thats an oxymoron...sun fish that live in caves... :)

Jon VO said...

those pictures are...
they kind of make me feel left out..but i'm glad you got to enjoy it..

GypsumWolf said...

186ft cagles! Did you do all 3 of the pits there (jeepside and Shallows)?

Christy Joy said...

I only did 2, the main pit and jeepside. Joel did all 3 though.

Jonathan said...

Funny thing the web log stuff is. You meet all sorts of new people! You have some great pictures here. Did you take the Vert. Caving class from Bruce? Anyway... Very cool! Jeepside is my favorite pit at the moment.

Post a Comment