Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In memory of...

Photo 128

Photo 125

I found my dear Sarasa pen this past semester at Southern. It was lonely, so I gave it a home. It has been a wonderful pen to me. In fact, I don't think I've ever had another so fine. I managed to keep track of it all semester and I enjoyed its easy-flowing nature. Lately, it has been my companion as I attempt to condense one hundred and twenty years of Moses' quite eventful and exciting life into 5 days of camp.

My pen wrote its last today. I realized it was nearing the end when its normally abundant ink-line began to look rather emaciated and pitiful. Its final word? - "Manna."


But I think it has enough juice left to squeak out one last word. Let's see if it does....

Cam

3 comments:

Barry Howe said...

I had a relative of your pen when I was taking Ecology. A very smart Biology major friend of mine tole me an A in Ecology was a rare achievement (i.e. not possible for average folks like myself), but I took my pen to class and got the fabled A. My smart friend might have gotten an A too if only he had known my secret weapon

Alex said...

Where might one obtain one of these famous pens? I will be taking ecology this next year myself.

Ali said...

I own a whole family of hardworking Sarasa's in various colours. They have nobly donated their ink to my many writing projects and work wonderfully for taking notes during interviews. The demise of a Sarasa pen is a truly sad occurrence. I offer my sincerest condolences in your time of loss.

Post a Comment